So you want to know how much to spend on your video...
Video production can cost anywhere from $100 for a simple edit to $100,000 for a large project. Videopixie is a site where you can find and hire video professionals, so we don’t set the prices - they do. Most of the projects on Videopixie are between $500 and $50,000.
We’ve found that the best way to determine a price is to describe your project, and then creative professionals will bid on it. You then pick your favorite professional to execute your vision. We’ve made the process of soliciting bids and selecting a winner really easy on Videopixie.
Let me guess -- you still want to know roughly how much it’s going to cost, so you can tell your boss, or better-half. There’s two ways to figure that. First, there are typical prices for each different type of video, for example:
- Wedding $1,000-$8,000
- Kickstarter $1,500-$25,000
- Explainer $1,500-$25,000
- Commercial $10,000-$75,000
- Game trailer $500-$50,000
- Vacation (edit only) $200-$400
- Course (edit only) $150-$400
- Wedding (edit only) $400-$1,000
- Testimonial (edit only) $150-$300
Want price information for a type not listed here? Email us, and we’d be happy to give you more information.
The other way is to think about the scope of your project. How much shooting, how much editing, how much motion graphic work, etc. Here’s what we typically see, but bear in mind that prices can vary 3x depending on location, equipment and experience.
- Storyboarding $500
- Half day shoot (1 cinematographer, 1 or 2 cameras) $700
- Full day shoot (1 cinematographer, 1 or 2 cameras) $1200
- Full day shoot (1 master cinematographer + crew) $2500
- Editing, for 1 to 10mins of video $250
- 2D Animation, per minute of video $1500
- 3D Animation, per minute of video $4000
- Custom illustrations for animation $1000
- Voice over, per minute $100
- Color grading $300
- Stock footage (per clip) $60
Have something special in mind that’s not listed? Email us and we can help.